Organisation & Operations:
Running a company, small or large, requires a vast set of skills in an ever increasingly complex business world with growing regulations and compliance. Entrepreneurs need to be jack-of-all-trades, but this has become so difficult to achieve, due to all compliance and business complexities.
The Interventionists are able to tap into its large network of specialised knowledge and expertise in any such areas. Our approach is to reach into that knowledge base whenever required to obtain specialised feedback and provide advice, but only when this is required. Sometimes we will commission somebody within our team to spend dedicated time with you, if that is warranted or requested and affordable. In most cases the team leader working with you on your assignment will simply garner that input behind the scenes, completely transparent to you and without fuss or delays. It is part of our value add and included in our fee-structure. In this way we are able to provide competent and accurate input for almost all issues we are presented with competently, quickly and efficiently without additional charges.
Examples of the type of internal organisational and operational topics we cover are:
- HR/IR/OD: Through our vast network we are able to assist you in most if not all aspects of Human Resource, Industrial Relations, Training or Organisational development, for example:
- Employment policy writing or review
- Salary benchmarks
- Performance reviews
- Job descriptions
- Succession planning
- Employment contract template reviews
- Training strategies and plans
- Soft Skill Training: POPI, Diversity Management, EE, Performance Management, Advanced Time Management, Core Negotiating Skills, Advanced Writing Skills, Crisis Management, Labour Law, Balanced Scorecard Basics, Leadership, Bullying in the workplace, Customer Service, Diversity Management, Managing Difficult Conversations, Emotional Intelligence
- Skills audits
- Assessments: a network of Psychologists, Psychometrists and Assessments Practitioners are available to administer and interpret various assessments such as personality, emotional intelligence and cognitive tests
- Team building and development
- Climate surveys
- Executive coaching
- Health & Safety Management and training (local standards):
- ISO, IMS, Compiling SHEQ files, audit preparation and assistance
- POPPI and PAIA Acts education or advice, including but not limited to all compliance of regulations for example the manuals prescribed
- BEE strategies and action plans : transformation, procurement, points maximisation
- Outsourcing strategies: in certain business functions, outsourcing can be a very successful and hugely beneficial business strategy to resolve cost, quality or capacity constraints in any business. The concept is well known in the IT industries with many companies lacking the in-house skills to manage this function. But the outsourcing concept can be applied to any business function when looking for specialised skill or economies. However it is absolutely critical that the desired deliverables and outputs are clearly understood and documented up front before procuring such services from an Outsource Service Provider. Once the owner or management of a business have decided to explore outsourcing as an option, it is extremely important that the process is implemented with precision.
Before even inviting potential outsourcing partners, the reasons for doing so and the key deliverables, be they design, specifications, quantity, quality, scope, costs, penalties, time-frames, turn-around times, etc must be understood and documented within the company itself. Only then can one begin to seek a reliable and competent partner who can be contracted to deliver the stated objective and do so at acceptable pricing, terms and service levels. Matters such as IP protection, confidentiality, guarantees etc. must also be looked into and contracted unambiguously. Whether one is considering subcontracting product or components, or outsourcing certain business functions (such as admin, accounting or IT), each comes with their own specific complexities.
It is the lack of doing the preparatory work properly and then often unprofessional or shoddy contractual negotiation and documentation, which usually leads to many problems down the road and costly disappointments.
So if you are even thinking of going down this road contact The Interventionists for specialised expertise and advice.
Business intervention methods, target the area of weakness in your company. Whether the company is in a downward spiral and needs to be saved, or already successful and trying to reach the next level, understanding how to implement appropriate business intervention strategies can help make the effort successful. We do our work in any area of your business where our help is most needed and we can have a measurable and immediate impact.
An outsider is often better placed to cut through the sometimes emotional implications and can take a more objective view on alternatives available. Ultimately we would never take the final decision on how to proceed. That remains strictly within your domain. But when you feel you need help, and cannot afford the sometimes convoluted and theoretical processes (death by paper and PowerPoint!) of traditional advisors, such as business rescue practitioners, consultants, auditors, lawyers etc. our Interventionists team can assist and get to the answers much quicker and cheaper than anybody else can.
Our services and expertise are transportable across most industry segments, but we have pertinent people on the team with backgrounds in financial services, IT, telecommunications, retail, manufacturing, property, etc. Don’t be shy asking – we will honestly tell you early on if we are unable to help you.
Our network of available skills is wide and flexible with literally a combined hundreds of years’ experience in executive and non-executive capacities and roles across almost all industries you can imagine. And the academic backgrounds are equally impressive with several diplomas, degrees and even a few PHD’s! However, The Interventionists do not employ these people on a permanent basis. That would be unaffordable. That is why we refer to our “network of resources”. We call on this network for each challenge we are presented with, so that The Interventionists can identify the correct indivuals or company, on a case by case basis, to come and assist with the task at hand. Sometimes that may be a single person, sometimes a combination of several. The Interventionists will select and advise and introduce, but ultimately contract and ensure the collective delivers on our promise to you and the desired objectives. It is this virtual operating model through contracted resources for specific tasks that makes us so compellingly competent, always able to deliver and, importantly for you the customer, remain affordable.
|Back||Back to top|